As reported by several people, I have not written a blog in over a month. It's not that I haven't wanted to sit down and channel my thoughts through the computer keyboard, I am just finding it hard to talk in complete sentences right now. If I can finally complete a thought in my mind, it is quickly run over by thoughts of the WEDDING!
If I ever pondered the idea of becoming a wedding coordinator, I now know that idea would rank right up there with me becoming an astronaut and being the first person to bake a cake on Mars.
A wedding coordinator should not have obsessive compulsive disorder, social anxiety, early stages of Alzheimer's, failing eyesight and a host of aches and pains to which I have. I have a very simple goal oriented mind. I like to have a "to-do" list and take great joy in checking things off as they get done. This is not feasible in the world of weddings. It's like being in limbo, you're not were you were, but you're not where your going. The twitch in my eye and the bulging vein in my neck tells me March 21st can't come soon enough.
My house is wedding central. The back room is filled with bags from Hobby Lobby and the Party Store. There are artificial grapes, ivy bushes, flowers and ribbon everywhere. My dining room table has been the resting site for the bride and groom photographs that will be used during the slide show, the engagement photos, the rehearsal dinner invitations, the wedding invitations and now the shower invitations. My foyer and the middle room closet are the gathering places for the decorations, games, etc. for the bachelorette party. Everywhere I look I'm reminded of what needs to be done. I'm not good at waiting and I've never gotten the patience of the year award. Kayla for the most part has been the picture of patience. As I throw myself around the room, screeching about what hasn't been done, Kayla shrugs and calmly says, "I'll take care of it." But she's not taking into account that I have my pen poised and ready to scratch something off the list! As I take a breath, I know this will all come together whether I have a breakdown or not.
My worry list is keeping me awake at night. It consists of: what if I have a bad hair day, how can I control the weather, what if nobody shows up, what if everybody shows up, what if my hands are shaking so badly when I'm lighting the family candle, I knock it over and the church goes up in flames ... not to mention how big did my butt look when I walked up the stairs to light the candle, how can I walk or dance in shoes that hurt my feet without looking like I've developed a case of peg leg and the list goes on and on. I'm glad it's not me getting married, I'd have to be sedated.
I hope this wedding is everything Kayla dreams it will be. Regardless whether every "i" is dotted or "t" crossed this will be a day to remember. I just hope through my drug induced haze I remember to smile. Now I'm worrying about how I'll look in the family pictures....


No comments:
Post a Comment