I can't believe the last blog I've written was in March! So much has happened since then, yet it seems like only yesterday. Since the car break-in, I feel like I've just shut down. I haven't even been able to get another MDO bag and start replacing the files that are now gone. Not dealing with everything that is gone is my denial. Every time I've gone to replace something that was in my purse or bag, it brought back that terrible moment to my mind again. Even looking at the photos I took of Kayla, sitting in the backseat of my car in her wedding dress, waiting for the photographer, is very hard for me to look at because I know in just a few minutes the break-in will happen. I've come across a few pictures where I could see I was wearing my rings and just for a minute, my heart drops to my stomach. I'm still praying that God will help me disconnect from those possessions and the hurt that it caused.
Having the car broke in to was just one of a long list of things that did not go as planned for Kayla's wedding. If I could have taken just half of the things that Kayla had to deal with before, during and after the wedding, I would have. Every little girl wants her prince to come in, sweep her off her feet and ride off into the sunset with her to live happily ever after. But, life doesn't follow the fairy tale and life isn't always easy. I have to hope that there is a reason God has allowed all the rough spots as Greg and Kayla started their life together. I hope that the problems will mature them, make them wiser and closer together because of having had to battle life together. Hopefully one day we will all look back on those wedding days and remember the list of good things instead of the memory being clouded with the list of problems. Anyway, after the wedding was over, it was good to get back to our normal (some would flinch at me calling our life normal)!
Amber's job at Exxon with Neutron played out so they were to move her to another plant in a couple of weeks. That was going on three months ago. First you're flying high and then just when you're not looking something hits you between the eyes and you hit the ground. They keep saying just a couple more weeks until she gets the call to go back to work. Lord have mercy! Sometimes you just have to trust that something greater is waiting for you. It's hard to wait on God's timing. Hopefully God will make it worth it.
Richard has been working at Exxon for almost ten years. They dropped Triple S's contract and now we're not sure where he will be working. This is the first time in 15 years that I've ever even considered moving. I really believed that we would never move from this house (not because I loved it so much, but because I didn't know where else to live). Who knows this may be a new start for everyone. We'll wait and see what happens.
Richard and I went to MY beach (Fort Walton Beach, FL) last month. I love that place. Just sitting by the clear water, watching the waves, looking for jumping dolphins, wiggling my toes in the white sand that feels like powdered sugar...totally refreshes my soul. I can see it and feel it just typing about it! We're going back again in September and I can hardly wait. I'm extra excited for this next trip because instead of staying at our hotel, we've rented a condo and Kayla, Greg, Amber and a guest (?) and Missy and Maggie are coming with us. I'm hoping it will be a relaxing and fun trip for all of us as we make memories together.
This month of July is the time that Greg and Kayla have Austin for the whole month. I get to be the daycare while they're at work. I've named it Camp Gigi. I am having a ball with him. He is talking up a storm and it is hilarious. Just the tones he uses when he says something is so funny. When he wants you to play with him or he just wants your chair, he pulls your hand and says "mere" in a very high voice, like he's leading a lamb to slaughter. I'm also trying to find his volume control. Half the things he says are at the top of his lungs and he thinks it's a "knee slapper", a phrase he picked up from me and now anytime we laugh we have to slap our knees and say "that's a knee slapper!"
Austin just turned 2 a couple of weeks ago. I remember when he first came into our lives he wasn't even crawling yet. Time has a way of sneaking up and racing by us. I can't remember what it was like without Austin in our lives. I don't know whether I can't remember or I don't want to remember.
He is my fun in my dysFUNction!!


No comments:
Post a Comment