Monday, June 6, 2011

Ready, Set, Go!

Richard and I recently returned from a impromptu trip to Fort Walton Beach, Florida. I am not a spontaneous type person.

I need time to make a list, and then a list for the things I want to put on my list. I need time to think, to worry, to ponder, to worry, to wonder, to worry, and to peruse my list at least 1,389 times.

I also may have to go shopping for .... uhmmm... something of vital importance. Something I couldn't live without, but didn't know I needed until I saw aforesaid something in the store.

Richard has told me countless times that they do indeed have stores in Florida. If I should happen to forget something, we will just go buy it when we get there. In my obsessive compulsive mind that would never do. What if the Florida stores don't have exactly what I want... how could I continue with my vacation? I feel better knowing everything I could possibly need is neatly packed, and within my reach.

I must have enough time to plan my wardrobe. I have to try on and find out what else the dryer shrunk to make it two sizes too small. It takes a lot of time and energy to try on clothes that don't fit. Have you ever tried to zip up jeans that were last year's fat jeans, but this year are being used by Satan for torture purposes? I'm sweating just thinking about it...

I know what you're thinking... just how much fun I am to go on a trip with!

Despite the preparations that I go through to just to go on a trip, once we've left the house, I'm on vacation. Besides, I'm so exhausted from the packing and planning, I can't do anything but sit back and relax...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers