Sunday, August 5, 2012

Hello?... Anyone There?


After a three month hiatus, I am jumping, or rather crawling, back into the blogging arena. I am straining to focus my eyes and my thoughts, so I can begin to make complete sentences again. By the look on the faces of those around me, I haven't made much progress... or sense lately.

For the past several months, I have been suffering from an "acute" condition. This ailment was so severe it destroyed brain cells, and I did not have any to spare. The symptoms included incoherent mumbling, rapid heartbeat, uncontrollable outbursts of emotion, excessive shopping and mild to moderate drooling.

Before anyone contacts the nearest psychiatrist to confirm their diagnosis of me needing bipolar medication, let me assure you this disorder has no known cure. My symptoms, although highly annoying to those around me, were not receptive to pharmaceuticals. Many tried and failed to stop the irritating behavior with everything short of a tranquilizer gun.

For over nine months, me and those close to me have suffered the anxiety ridden days of both my daughters preparing to give birth within weeks of each other. Yes, that's right... two of everything. Two daughters with morning to all day sickness, doctor's appointments, raging hormones, nursery decorating, and everything else that comes with expecting a baby... times two.

There were moments, I didn't think this gestational period would ever end. Some days I felt I was a counselor like Dr. Phil and other days I was channeling crafty Martha Stewart or Rachel Ray to satisfy those pregnancy cravings. I was doing what I could to keep the expectant mothers well, calm and happy... not a job for the faint of heart.

Now that the babies are here, I am slowly finding my new normal. Normal is a good thing since I've never been considered normal before. I am working on my attention span so that I can complete a thought without it turning to which baby needs to be fed and wondering if I smell poop.

My cute grandbabies are the sweetest little people I have ever met. They are the only known remedy for my persistent symptoms and I believe a regular dose of those babies will be what the doctor orders.  

My "acute" condition has turned out to be a cute condition after all... and there is no cure.



2 comments:

  1. You have redeemed yourself! baby pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they will be such good friends! they will have each others back for life and be able to fight like cats and dogs with each other!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers