This summer was not what I was expecting. After having three family members and a lifelong friend pass away in six weeks time, I feel like I have been hit by a train. It would have been so much nicer to take that train to a beautiful vacation spot and not have had to endure the pain.
Now that life is slowly returning to normal, (or as normal as my family gets), I felt like I could start my summer. My eyes were just starting to focus on what was going on in the world again, as I noticed the calendar. Wednesday, August 10, 2011... NOOOOOOO!!! Say it ain't so!!! I've got twelve days left of my summer vacation before I have to go back to work! (Unintelligible muttering and stomping of feet inserted here.)
Due to the fact that I have less than two weeks to somehow make myself believe I've had a summer vacation, I am forced to issue the following proclamation...
Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
Greetings: All ye Kings, Queens, Knights, Nobles, ...and I guess Noblettes, and all you other ne'er do wells...It is hereby decreed that in order to dissuade the Keeper of the Castle's forthcoming mental breakdown, there are necessary steps that must be adhered to.
Let it be known throughout the kingdom that there shall be no more problems, tension, sassy talk, or just plain bad attitudes in the presence of the Lady presiding over this house. No audible sighs, rolling of the eyes, or spiteful stares will be tolerated.
All subordinates are heretofore warned that nothing shall be allowed to infiltrate the happy space being created by said Castle Keeper. The person or persons that do not heed this announcement will be subject to disciplinary action, the limits of which shall be determined by the magistrate... (and the Lady of the House was surprisingly elected to this prestigious position with a vote of 1 to 0).
The transgressor shall be prosecuted up to, but not more than, total banishment from the castle. The drawbridge will be raised and the moat guarded to prevent further trespassing. The antagonist may not cometh back onto said grounds unless they approach bearing gifts or alternate method of major sucking up.
By order of the magistrate, it has been proclaimed that on this day the aforementioned will commence from the posting of this decree until further notice. And it is so.
Hallelujah and Amen.


No comments:
Post a Comment