Thursday, September 4, 2008

I'm Hearing Wedding Bells

Every conversation I've had today has been about Kayla's upcoming wedding. So whatever else I had on my mind has now been drowned out by the sound of wedding bells!

My friends Laurie and Elizabeth are a Godsend. They are more than excited to help me with the wedding plans. I'm already feeling overwhelmed, so they basically said pass us the ball, you hang on to this post and we'll be back for you! If I wasn't already reeling from all these wedding ideas, dates, price quotes, appointments and so on, I would have to laugh at our Lucy and Ethel approach to wedding planning. They're going to help me from going all the way to crazy! (Go ahead say it, "How would I know when you got to crazy?) Sad but true.

Kayla has really stepped up to the role of "Bride To Be." She has been on the phone calling every venue in town, checking the date with the pastor and church and has even had Greg making phone calls. Who knew when you tell people you are getting married in six months, they look at you like you just missed the train and the next one won't be coming until sometime next year. Imagine the look of pity, as they shake their heads and utter tsk, tsk. And when asked how many people will be at the reception we just shrug our shoulders. I suppose we need to get to work on that guest list. I wonder if we can make some friends before then so it will look as though people like us?

March 21st will be here before you know it. I hope I live through all this to see it!! O' Happy Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers