Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Is It Over?

The Presidential election between Obama and McCain was yesterday. Everywhere I went, every television channel I watched and every radio station I tuned in to was focused on what was taking place that very day in our nation. Every election is historic but this was exceptional. No matter what party won, there was either going to be a race or gender that had never held that position before. The parties were heated and passionate. Even people that weren't politically minded joined in this one. Right or wrong everyone had a side. Citizens trying to clearly understand what each candidate stood for, deciding between what was truth and what was empty promises, did the candidates have the best interest of the country in mind and did each one have the qualifications for the job. Big decision.

The votes have been tallied and we now have a new President of the United States, Barrack Obama. Whether he is the right one for our country or not, he is now the Commander in Chief of our great nation. Even though the election is over, is our responsibility over? Absolutely not. We have been called by God to not give up, and to trust that the One we believe in, still sits on His throne and is still in control, even over those who are in control of our nation. When we anxiously worry about the future, we are showing God we don't really trust Him. Psalm 46:10 says "Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Being still implies being still in our spirits, minds and emotions, trusting the God that allowed this to happen knows what He's doing. Remember He knows the ending to this story and knows what has to happen for us to get there.

Trusting God does not mean we are to complacently sit by and do nothing. God has given us weapons that are not of this world. Sometimes God knows what needs to happen, but waits to hear from us to put it into action. 2 Chronicles 7:14 says "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek my face, and will turn from their wicked ways, THEN I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and WILL HEAL THEIR LAND." God has told us what to do and it is our responsibility to do it. God wants us to be involved so He can prove Himself powerful and do what we cannot do.

Romans 8:31 says "...If God is for us, who can be against us?" So did we really lose the election, or is this just an opportunity for God to do something great? I'm choosing to put my trust and hope in the one true God. What other choices do we have?........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers