Sunday, October 25, 2009

Honestly, I Was Just Playin'



Hey, this is Maggie. I am taking over Mom's blog for a few minutes just to get a few things straight. I know I'm supposed to be an inside dog and I look like I'm an inside dog, but I just love to be outside. If that's so wrong, then I just don't want to be right. Mom knows I've got more energy than can be contained within four walls, so it's just better that several times a day she just turn me loose on the great outdoors.


I have so much fun when I'm outside. One of the best things to do is play with my squirrel friends. They live in every tree in my backyard. So I go knock on their tree trunk and ask if they can come out and play. Usually nobody answers, so I just have to wait until they decide to come down. I'm good at waiting, I can wait for hours. I just sit and watch until I see them scampering down.


Finally, my friends are ready to play and down they run. I've been waiting so long I can hardly contain myself. As their feet touch the grass, they are off and running. But I'm just as fast and I'm right behind them. I'm running right on their heels saying, "Wait, wanna play...do ya...huh...it'll be fun...do ya huh?" I don't know why the only game they want to play is chase, but if that's what they like then I'll make them happy and play along.

We were playing chase and I was running really fast. I think it was because I got a bath and had my toenails trimmed this morning, so I was extra light on my feet. I was getting closer and closer to my squirrel friend when I caught up with him. "Tag you're it!"... I laughed as I grabbed him. Whew, that was quite a run, now come with me and we'll start over, only this time you chase me. "Here I'll put you down here and when I say on your mark get set go...hey, what's wrong?" I guess he was really tired because he just laid there. So I said "Ok, you rest, I'll see you later." I went back over to the squirrel's tree house and waited for another friend to come down. That's when I heard it.

Mom was standing in the backyard, yelling for me to come here. I told my friends that I would be back in a minute, and I trotted off to see what Mom wanted. I turned the corner and Mom was not happy. She picked me up and pointed to my resting friend and said, "What did you do?" Every time Mom says those words, that's my cue to crawl under the coffee table in the living room. She never finds me there. As she went to go find Dad, I could hear her mumbling, "It's all fun and games until someone gets their...".

Mom told Dad that knowing I had played tag with my squirrel friend gave her the "willies". So he needed to go de-squirrel me. Dad and me are tight and he understands me. So he just laughed and took me to the bathroom and washed my face and mouth. Then he made me go tell Mom I was sorry. Sorry for what I don't know, I was just playing. Mom needs to lighten up. A friendly game of tag never hurt anyone...does it?

3 comments:

  1. Poor Maggie she was just playing with her squirrel friends ( who aren't really friends they are actually terrified of the white tornado but Maggie is oblivious to that fact. )

    ReplyDelete
  2. If she could talk, this just how she would sound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor poor Maggie her mommy just does not understand her.

    ReplyDelete

Followers