Tuesday, January 12, 2010

To Whom It May Concern

I really enjoy writing. This blog is a compilation of my thoughts and memories. Sometimes I write just for the fun and entertainment of it. I consider this my online journal that I write for myself and a few select people who get a kick out of reading my ramblings.

Today I have had to move my blog because of a family firestorm. It is totally beyond my comprehension how my words in a blog that I meant to be harmless, could be misconstrued and turned into such an ugly situation. I have never nor will I ever, use the Internet to intentionally hurt someone.

My opinions, thoughts and memories are just that ... mine. My memories of an event may not be the same as another's, but it is how I remember it happening. Everyone has their own personal memories, some good and some bad, but how can you tell someone that is not their memory?

Some people choose to block out certain aspects of life that are unpleasant, so what they do remember is out of context. When memories have been distorted to always lay the blame on someone else, there is a reason for that. My pastor once told me that when someone can't take responsibility for their actions, and their mind won't let them acknowledge they were wrong, it is a self preservation mechanism. If their mind ever took in the enormity of what they've done they would not be able to cope with it. Therefore, their mind puts the blame on someone else. It is a coping skill they have had to develop.

In the firestorm that has been raging today, my Christianity has been questioned. That does not bother me in the least, because the truth that I know has freed me from the burden of doubt. However, it does make me wonder why people would stoop so low as to throw scripture at me when they have taken one scripture out of the entire Book. The Bible has to be looked at as a whole message. You can't get the meaning of one scripture without having knowledge of the context and content of the gospel.

The scriptures of the ten commandments were repeatedly quoted to me. The one that kept coming up was Deuteronomy 5:16 "Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you," ...

God does give exceptions, as in Psalm 27:10 "Though my mother and father forsake me, the Lord will receive me."

To be honored, you must be honorable. The person to be honored had to show that they were worthy of that position.

The Bible is basically the instruction book for life. It has scriptures for every facet of living and that includes parenting. A couple of them are:

Col. 3:21 "...do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged."

Eph. 6:4 "... do not exasperate your children; instead bring them up in the training of the Lord."

My children went to war for their mother today. They were fighting a battle that they shouldn't have had to be involved in, but because they were so passionate about their beliefs, they were prepared to suffer for me.

The Bible says in 1 Pet. 4:8 "Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins." If the things they were saying in anger were a sin, it was definitely said in love for their mother.

My girls took the arrows that were directed at me, so they were much more emotionally upset than I was. My darling protectors shielded me from a lot of the words that were being thrown around so carelessly, but they hurt nonetheless. The things that were being said were totally inappropriate by all parties, and the words used were meant to sever the arteries of the heart. I've been dealing with hurt most of my life and with God's help have a peace that if I leave the consequences up to Him, he will have the last say.

Phil. 4:7 "The peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I was called a "Bible Toter" today. I would much rather be toting my Bible than toting around a ton of anger and bitterness.

1 Pet. 4:14 If you are insulted because of the name of Christ, you are blessed, for the Spirit of glory and God rests on you.

Matt. 5:11-12 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven ...

The people that started this firestorm still hold a special place in my heart and they always will. I have had to remove certain people from my life because they were not of the same mind set of myself. I have made the choice to be happy and live my life in the best way I know how. The negativity that I have had to leave behind does not mean I don't still have love for those that have chosen a different path.

The derogatory things that a few people read into my blog, simply were not written in that way. What I don't understand is why my girls where having to contend with things that outside people were saying when it should have been a family matter. The battle that ensued simply got out of hand and I am saddened that the persons involved rallied together and created such an unnecessary turmoil.

Isaiah 5:32 "Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight."

Again, I will state this blog is meant for my enjoyment and I do not get enjoyment out of upsetting others. If words were taken in an offensive manner it was not my objective. I am just putting my thoughts and memories down for myself and my family.

People kept referring to me quoting scriptures in my blogs and not living up to being the Christian I profess to be. I am not perfect and will never be perfect until I am looking in the eyes of the Savior. I make mistakes every single day, but every day I try to do better. I believe people do better, when they know better ... and that is precisely why I study the Bible.

In closing, I will pray that God softens their hearts and minds to be able to see me and my words in a different light. There was absolutely no harm intended on my side.

Mark 12:30-32 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is NO commandment greater than these."

I believe this includes the ten commandments everyone kept referring to.

I wish everyone peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers