I just need one more glass of "whine", I promise. Everyone is so tired of talking about the Arctic blast that has hit this area, including me. But, I just have to open one more bottle of "whine". Brrrrr.... Have you figured out yet that I am not a fan of cold weather? Give me tropical temperatures any day over these icicle making temps. When my body gets cold, I cannot get warm again. No amount of clothes, jackets or blankets does the trick. Nothing short of sitting in a bathtub of steaming hot water up to my nose and coming out looking like a boiled prune, can thaw out my toes. The phrase "bone chilling" refers to me.
I am tired of being bound up with layers of clothes and jackets. Until looking like "Nanook of the North" becomes a fashion statement, I'll stay hidden inside where it's warm. Even Austin didn't last very long playing outdoors. It could have been the fact he couldn't bend his arms to pick up any of his toys that made him retreat back inside too.
Even getting the mail from the mailbox has become a painful experience. Yesterday I ran down the driveway to the mailbox (ok, so I'm not known for running, but I did hurry) to get the mail. The freezing wind chill was making my eyes water and I was afraid my eyes were going to freeze open. How long does it take eyeballs to thaw out before you can blink again anyway?
By the time I got back in the house, all I could do was contort myself into a pretzel position in front of the fireplace. I have kept the home fires burning for two days now. I'm beginning to feel like "Ma" on the television show "Little House on the Prairie". Since "Pa" is off huntin' for food to feed the young-uns, I'm gonna be forced to start burnin' the legs off the furniture if that there firewood don't hold out.
I guess I'll just continue to bake in front of the fireplace until the "Spring Thaw". I'll just make believe the warmth from the fire is the summer sun and I'm working on my tan. I think I'll go make a big mug of hot chocolate and put a little umbrella in it just help me get in the mood.
Come on summer! Mama's going a little stir crazy....


No comments:
Post a Comment