Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Home Again






We all made it home again after being on the (scary music inserted here)..."Family Vacation". There is a lot to be said for going on vacation with just your spouse; fun, relaxed and easy-going.
There is also a lot to be said for going on vacation with your family, but I'll just smile and say, "I'm glad I'm home".

I love my kids more than they will ever know, but they just were not meant to spend an extended length of time together. The kids have a love/hate relationship that cannot be ignored.
Sibling rivalry has been a part of our family for so long, I can't remember what life was like without it. I still optimistically hope that one day I won't be able to remember what all the fuss was about.

Florida is my beach destination of choice. I've been to Mexico beaches and Hawaii beaches, and nothing compares to the white sand beaches of Florida. Richard and I have been vacationing there almost every year for the past 20 years. I just can't have a bad time when I leave my everyday life and step into my fantasy beach world.

The weather was gorgeous, sunshine everyday. The sand looked and felt like powdered sugar and was such a bright white, sunglasses were a must. Our condo overlooked the emerald green ocean. Sitting on the balcony, looking and listening to the waves is nothing short of a tranquilizer. It's always amazing and exciting to catch sight of dolphins as they swim by and the seagulls were always leisurely hanging around waiting for you to drop a tasty morsel.

We did all the touristy stuff Richard and I don't always do when it's just the two of us. We went to the Gulfarium, rode jet skis, enjoyed a dolphin cruise, shopped and played. I felt like we ate our way around Florida and did not regret any of it ... until I got home and felt how tight my clothes fit. (That darn clothes dryer shrinks everything!) I guess that's just part of vacations. When you're in the fantasy vacation world anything goes.

I'm glad we took this "Family Vacation". We have memories that we all will share. We had some great times. Maybe we'll try it again....in about 20 years!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet!! I love the picture!! Let me guess who had that idea? hum??

    ReplyDelete

Followers